river lead me home by heartfangs (ittybittyjules)
Yuna pours him a glass of ice cold homemade lemonade without asking and hands it to him across the kitchen island, then announces, “Just as a heads up, me and David will leave for Japan over the weekend. My cousin invited us to spend the summer there at her lake house, and we could hardly say no to that. I will leave you a pair of keys so that you can still come and go.”
Wide-eyed, Ilya blinks at her. “Um?”
“You won’t be all alone,” says Yuna, immediately. “We have a son. Shane?”
or: Ilya has been asked to fix up the Hollander house over summer. Shane Hollander, the elusive son of the family, returns to town after thirteen years to watch over said house. The next six weeks are going to be incredibly interesting.
Why oneshots are now days 30 000 words long? Like yeah, Ill still read it, but like seriously. Why?
This could have been way, way more angsty, but wasn't. And I liked how easy, light, romantic this was. Just some nice, good reading for lazy Sunday (I know, I know Im posting this on monday but I scheduled this to future).
The only thing I missed was more Shane's parents and their scheming. Or is it just Yuna's scheming? Anyways. I love how in every fic they care about Shane, his happiness and his life. If there is one thing that makes me cry every single time, its their never ending love and how they show it to Shane. Maybe its overbearing in times and I would hate it sometimes if it was my parents. But. I can still appreciate it and love it in every single fics. And then they show it to Ilya too, which just makes everything so much better.
One best part here was also Ilya's depression and how it was mentioned. It was there, it was part of everything, but it didnt take over. I really liked that. It is, after all, a really big part of Ilya.
Mental health matters and all that.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti