keskiviikko 12. elokuuta 2015

Blue-Eyed Monster [James Bond, James Bond/Q, NC-17]

Blue-Eyed Monster by Only_1_Truth
Yes, this version of 007 was a terrifyingly smart agent, and M wondered long and often whether it had been a good idea to promote him to the position. Usually, the title was the dangerous part - being 007 meant deadliness - but this time, M feared that a certain man with ice-blue eyes and scruffy blonde hair had dragged in more danger to the title than it had previously possessed

Enter MI6's new Quartermaster: an unassuming, bespectacled genius with no mind for subterfuge but plenty of genius behind a dry smile. Curious 00-agents and young boffins don't always mix in predictable ways...
For the first time like ever I want to start this whole thing with mentioning how I didnt like this at the beginning. The weird part comes when I somehow just kept reading and reading and now I only have three or five or something chapters left and I have no idea if I like this or not.

And all that because, holy hell, this thing gives a totally different meaning to the whole slow burn term. Fucking seriously. This keeps going on but nothing actually goes anywhere. Small changes there and there but still I got this feeling where nothing actually happens or if things are going forward or if they are staying the same.

But at the same time this whole thing is Q figuring Bond out which is always interesting and somehow different every time. And I really like that. Mostly because most time people get stuck to that one monologue and it starts to feel like it is just repeating itself and how in that whole thing there is nothing to talk about. But in here there is point in whole inner monologue and I really liked it.

On the other hand I dont like that whole thing because it takes so much space in the story and takes so much my time that I just want to skip it to some action or something. But that is just me being lazy and getting bored a little bit too easily.

I wanted to talk about that whole slow burn thing but right now I have nothing to say about it. But I still need to really make it clear that this thing is slow burn and it will take forever to get somewhere (there is a reason for those 23 chapters, seriously) but its not boring kinda where they have on off deal or something along the lines. Its just two people getting to know each other and trying to figure out what they want from the other. Yea.

So basically the whole fic is Q and Bond getting to know each other and trying to understand what the other means to them. Yea. The whole fic. And in the middle of all that Q gets kidnappend, robbed, MI5 people are stupid and MI6 is in cleaning duty. Thats it. Nothing too complicated (maybe the part where this kinda sometimes, somehow follows the Skyfall plot in some level, maybe).

Read, commet and leave kudos :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti