sunnuntai 25. helmikuuta 2018

No One Like You [One Direction, Larry, Nc-17]

No One Like You by myownspark
Dear Niall,

I was glad to have the chance to talk with you again at the AHA conference. Your idea that the Musee D’Orsay Tomlinson painting is in fact not a self-portrait is an intriguing one, and I may have discovered something that will have a bearing on that theory.

Some background: as you may remember, I’ve been researching for a book I’m writing about Harry Styles. I’ve been in communication with Styles’ last living descendant, who is in possession of a trunk that her family believed to have belonged to Styles himself. It held some personal items she presumes to be his, including two unmounted paintings and a small collection of letters.

Upon spending the last few days in Provins studying these items, I believe there to be a connection between Tomlinson and Styles, and I would very much like your opinion.

Are you up for a trip to France?

Sincerely,
Liam Payne

Where Liam and Niall are art historians discovering the truth about two nineteenth century painters on opposite sides of an artistic divide.
I don't really have much to say about this. But the reason I wanted to have this fic here is that this surprised me. I didn't really know how you could write a story around two painters that died decades ago. So my first thought was how this is probably gonna entail a lot of talking and a lot analysing stuff. But, as I said before, this surprised me.

This is about Harry and Louis. The story is told from their perspective. And now the one thing I am kind of missing is having all that analysing their paintings and analysing those letters. I liked this, but that was the part I was expecting and it was pretty non-existing. Okay. They read the letters and they understood the meanings behind them and that was pretty awesome.

So. What I really wanted to say, is that give this a chance. The idea sounds weird and maybe it sounds like it couldn't possibly be any good but it is good. It is pretty amazing and totally worth it. Yea. Thank you.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti