tiistai 9. elokuuta 2016

Vulcans are Fangirls Too [Star Trek, Kirk/Spock]

Vulcans are Fangirls Too by jouissant
Russian translate Фанаты встречаются и среди вулканцев by Lindesimpino
Kirk is a secret astrophysics genius who publishes under a pseudonym; Spock sends him fanmail. Shenanigans ensue.
Less fluffy than the title might imply, but a feel-good story nonetheless.
I have read this at least three times, maybe four and I still don't have any idea what to say about this. The problem just is that I really want to say something and tell you how good this is. But I just don't know how I would express all that.

Maybe I have to mention how this is different and how Kirk is just even more genius than people give him credit and how he likes to play dumb most of the time. Okey. He does all that all the time in other fics too. It has gotten even further in this than before and I liked that, I really, really liked that.

Probably the only part I did not like was how Kirk just couldn't come clean to Spock earlier, he just had to keep sending those letters. I understand why and all the reasoning and the fic wouldn't have worked if he hadn't done it. It just wasnt my favorite part.

But Kirk's brain. I would love to see inside it too. Would be so amazing. Just understand how it works and what goes trough there.

So yea. Read. Comment. Leave Kudos. Make the author feel loved. ♥

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti