lauantai 12. marraskuuta 2016

How to Be a Superhero [James Bond, 00Q, Nc-17]

How to Be a Superhero by turningterrific
“Am I sacked?”

M doesn’t bother answering James’ attempt at humor but instead continues in his point. “Since your return from the Skyfall operation, which was over a year ago I might add, you have not taken one day of leave, no holiday of which I'm aware. You haven’t rested the requisite 48 hour period between mission and report.”

James takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly.

“You are not a young man,” M says plainly. “Everyone, even James Bond, needs time to let wounds heal, both physical and mental. Pushing yourself is going to get you or someone else killed eventually.”

“So not another mission then?” James asks and moves to stand.

**

Or, James Bond is forced to take a few days off, runs into Q at a kebab shop, starts playing World of Warcraft, and takes a trip to Witney to meet Q's family (for reasons of national security, of course).
I had this plan. Stop playing WoW and read something. So I could at least get a small break from WoW. So I chose one from my open taps on the browser (or at least thought so) a Bond fic where should not have been any mentionings of WoW. But seriously. I was so wrong on so many levels. (or maybe I should just start to reread the summaries before actually reading the fics).

This fic is about two guys bonding over a fucking video game (an amazing one but still). Fucking hell. In other words you could say this is about how World of Warcraft can get you laid, even when some fuckers say it makes you forever virgin or something shit along the lines.

The only question left is how much people get from this fic if the don't know anything about WoW? Like what do they miss or how many questions this leaves them with? I want to know. I really, really want to know what goes inside their heads.

Still. There was this one moment where I really decided I want to read this. Or maybe more like there was this one paragraph that just made the whole reading thing more interesting. Yea.
People are interesting when they triumph despite flaws. And people become friends when one figures out what those flaws are. Intimacy is about the exchange of flaws, when it comes right down to it. It’s trusting another person to see weakness and still focus on strength.
And after that there was no going back for me. And I used my whole day for this (minus the couple hours playing WoW and the 30min break I took for Pokemon hunting, yea I know I have problems but I really dont care).

But Im guessing no one can actually understand what the hell Im talking about. So please. Just read it. Its awesome even if its super long oneshot. Seriously. Its so worth it.

(and i keep loving Q's cats' names. seriously. Mycroft and Sherlock.)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti