perjantai 13. maaliskuuta 2020

The Lesson of You [Harry Potter, Drarry, Nc-17]

The Lesson of You by thecouchsofa
Harry likes kids. That doesn't mean he's ready for a small boy to turn up on the doorstep of Grimmauld Place insisting that Harry is his father. That was weird enough, but the child identifying Draco Malfoy as his other parent was something Harry had no bloody idea how to handle.
I have no idea how I speed read this through like in four hours. No fucking clue.

Okay. So first of all, when I opened this one, I didn't expect much. I didn't think I would like this, I didn't think I would actually finish reading this and I thought that this is again one of these super shitty way written fics that I just regret opening. But nope. This was everything I did not expect this to be.

So basically here is everything that good Harry Potter fic has. The crazy magic accident that no one can explain. Kids that just happens to know shit without actually knowing anything. Draco and Harry being super stupid about shit and kind of not communicating through shit. Mixing Muggle stuff to the magic stuff. And so on. Maybe this has everything that I love in Harry Potter fics? Probably.

But the thing that actually made this even better was the communication. They talked about stuff (maybe they needed a little push once in a while but still), no one created unnecessary drama and they actually functioned somewhat like you would expect them to. Everyone had some growing to do, everyone was trying to be better for themselves and they weren't too grown up for their age.

So yea. This had everything that I like in fics and more. I don't even like kid fics that much, but this was fun and interesting with the whole kid idea running there. Also all that debate about time-travelling and which came first, chicken or egg, was just awesome.

Please. Go and read this. Totally worth it. Seriously.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti