sunnuntai 6. huhtikuuta 2014

Quriosity [James Bond, James Bond/Q, NC-17]

Quriosity by dr_girlfriend
Bond finds himself increasingly curious about his enigmatic Quartermaster.

Excerpt:

"Your prior hotel is no longer secure, I will direct you to a new location. Your luggage has already been transferred. A field agent and medic from the Diréction Générale de la Sécurité d'État will be waiting at the side entrance. I have cleared them both personally." In contrast to his crisp dry English, Q's pronunciation of the French words was fluid and flawless, the throaty tone of the fricatives sending a surprising jolt of awareness straight to Bond's cock — all the more remarkable given his degree of blood loss.

"You're wasted on Q-branch, you have the voice for a phone-sex call-in line." The words slipped out of Bond's mouth without forethought, although he had plenty of time to think in the sudden pause that came afterward and stretched on for endless moments. Bond hadn't realized until now how Q was always there, with an immediate reply. In all their banter Q had never before been at a loss for words. Ever.
There is pretty much only two reasons why I wanna blog about this one. Two reasons. And only the other one has something to do with plot. And neither one of those reasons has nothing to do with how this is 33 chapters long and how I spent the whole day reading this when I was suppose to be studying.

So the plot is all about how everyone has their own traumas, skeletons in the closet and how they can work their life around that. And it was all good. They didnt heal over night or other shit like that. They worked for it, built the trust and then they tried their new limits and sometimes it went to shit. It all just felt so good and real and how real life would go.

And the other awesome good part was how there wasn't any stupid grammar errors (like mixing your, you're or thankyou or something like that) and how much there were British words in the mix. Seriously. Just good, good, good. Can't really praise enough. Okey. Not saying there isn't any typing mistakes because no one can survive without at least one or two of those in fic this long but there weren't things that the writer didn't know any better and couldn't bother to check it out.

After that I can totally love all the other languages there were also. Q liked to speak French once in a while and some German characters spoke German and Swedish people spoke Swedish. It was good and original and good. I dont know about mistakes in those languages but seriously, you can't always have everything.

So probably the only thing I didn't like was the whole feeling I got from Bond acting like a whore in his missions. I don't know if it was suppose to feel like that or if it just me and my head but thats the feeling I got and I can't say I liked it. Thats it. But this is still totally worth of your time and way too good to miss. Seriously.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti