maanantai 19. maaliskuuta 2018

Game On [Teen Wolf, Sterek, Nc-17]

Game On by Kaname
Sometimes, Stiles whispers sweet nothings to his laptop and asks the gaming gods to bless him with quick fingers and an indestructible bladder. For gaming. Obviously.

What he didn’t ask for was a bitchy new guild-mate with a God complex and a famous next-door neighbor who plays footie and throws house parties every time Stiles is trying to sleep.

Or; The one where Stiles is a famous web denizen, and Derek is just plain famous.
First of all. Anyone else than British people writing British fics is weird as fuck. Not that they have some super big errors in culture or something like that. The problems come with the words and the smallest details. Like I wouldn’t go to Tesco to buy my cheap shitty clothes, I would rather go to Asda. It is not an apartment, it is flat. And things like that.

But if you ignore all that, this was pretty good. I liked Stiles, I liked how he was this super gamer and how it took over most of his life. The only problem with all that was his financial situation and how he could be living alone without never actually working? This just disturbed me. But maybe he had some kinda sponsorship with some rich dude who pays him to play? I don’t know.

I also really liked Derek, how he was this huge mystery but was the really good person inside. How he helped Isaac and was there for Isaac. And their whole awesome relationship. Okay. One good part was also how that relationship clashed with Stiles and what kind of impact Stiles had on them. I really liked that. The whole thought of it and how it worked.

Without forgetting how insecure Derek was about his feelings. How long it took these two to get together and the problems behind them. Fuck Kate, seriously, let's just destroy her and be happy about it. But her part in here was good without taking over the whole fic. She had a purpose and she did that and wasn’t overwhelming with her influence over everything. Yea. Kinda liked how Kate had been added here without really having to interact with her and the rest of the characters. Yup. Really good.

And cats are awesome, don’t let anyone say they are stupid or awful. Cats are Gods and that's it.

So please. Fucking read this. Ignore all those minor details and bath in the awesomeness that everything else in this fic is. Seriously. Also, leave a comment and make the author feel loved. That's it. Thank you!


2 kommenttia:

  1. Hi there! :-) Thank you so much for reading, and for pointing out some of the stuff I missed!

    I remember when I thought up the idea I was ~so~ insistent on setting this in Europe despite being a Yankee born and bred. I wanted to write about a place that really valued soccer and not one of the more minor teams here in the States. But I'm so obviously an American that I always thought it would probably bleed through, and I think you rightfully pointed out where it did!

    I've been thinking of revising and patching this up (I started writing it when I was 18 and a freshman in college and it really shows), so I really, really appreciate your insight. I'm glad you seem to have enjoyed it, and I hope I can make it even better with some edits! <3

    Thank you so much for recommending it here. I'd been wondering lately where the influx of reads and kudos were coming from, and I think folks may have seen your blog. :-)

    - Kaname

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Wow. Thank you! It's always awesome to know that someone is reading this blog and actually taking my recommendation about what to read next. Also good to hear that you liked my comment! And notify me after you have rewritten the whole fic. I will come and read it again and I may add some update here, you never know.

      But yea. The idea in this fic was pretty awesome. I liked how it was totally different in settings and in their lives. It was good that you kept your head and really did in the way you really wanted. So all kudos for that.

      Ask the silliest things now that you are rewriting. And try to find someone who is British to answer those questions, it will help with the context and with the smallest details (like they call it football in England, not soccer). I would love to help, but I am not British and the 6 months that I lived there does not make me an expert with anything. So yea. That. But I can probably answer some of the questions you may have if you can't find anyone else. You never know really.

      And good luck with the rewriting! ♥

      Poista