perjantai 10. tammikuuta 2020

Let him lead me to the banquet [Harry Potter, Drarry]

Let him lead me to the banquet by harryromper
The worst part is Harry’s got no idea why Malfoy keeps sending him invites. He’s never replied to a single one. And if the whole dinner is as exclusive and sought-after as the Prophet keeps breathlessly reporting, then presumably the only reason Malfoy wants him there is in his capacity as the Chosen One. So, really, he can fuck right off. Harry doesn’t care about Draco Malfoy’s redemption tour. And he’s certainly not going to help him with it.
I may be addicted to the idea that Harry suffers the most after the war. Like he doesn't really have anything he wants to do after the war, he has no goals, nothing is happening and his whole life has been suffering in different forms. First his super bad relatives, then weird school years where he is always almost dying, then the whole war and actually dying. It would be pretty weird if any of that wouldn't really affect him at all.

So. I really like the idea that Harry is lost and that he has PTSD and maybe that he is kind of paralyzed because no one is actually making him suffer and no one is telling him what to do anymore.

And then there is Draco who is trying to go back to his roots and just going with the flow with Muggle things. I really liked the idea that he learns how to use a phone and computer. How he finds a new life in the Muggle world.

Then the charities. I liked that idea. Draco doing something really outside of the box and it still has the values of tradition and how there have been seven generations of Malfoys doing the charity dinners. I liked that idea, I liked how it just made Draco feel so Draco but the adult version of himself.

The thing is. This ending is so fucking adult that I even can't anymore. They are just so adult and grown up and trying to make the world a better place. And in the meantime, they are actually trying to heal and be better themselves. I liked that. I also liked the peace and quiet the fic radiated. Everyone was just so calm and perfect and I loved it.

There probably wasn't that many things I didn't like. I can't even think one right now. So yea. Go and read this. Seriously. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti