perjantai 3. tammikuuta 2020

you've got the antidote for me [Harry Potter, Drarry]

you've got the antidote for me by Kandakicksass
When Harry Potter unintentionally severs their soulbond before it can fully form, Draco Malfoy resigns himself to a slow death and decides not to burden Harry with a soulmate he's made it very clear he doesn't want.

He's never been selfless before, but for Harry, he can try.
Crying. That's the thing you will do if you read this thing. And still, you will love every second of it.

The thing I want to talk about is the ending. I had two scenarios that I was rooting for. And I am not gonna tell you how this ends because that would be just rude.

Scenario one is that Draco dies at the end. For some reason I really wanted this fic to end to that. I really, really did. Maybe because once super sad ending would have made so much more sense and would be refreshing. So Draco dying and the ending would have everyone sad. I don't really care if anyone knows or not who Draco's soulmate is in this scenario. It doesn't really matter if no one would find out at the end. Maybe it would be even better that no one knew, there would be no one to blame and they would all just be sad and miserable together. Yea.

That was the first scenario I was rooting for. And I was rooting for it from the beginning until a certain point in the story. Which was when I came up the second scenario.

In this one I wanted Harry to find out that he was the soulmate. Maybe Ron or Hermione telling him about it, maybe him figuring it out by himself. There were moments when he could get the small information and at some point, he would just put it all together. I don't know how the magic works (no one in fic was 100% certain how it works, just the guidelines etc) but then somehow Harry would just accept Draco as his soulmate. Draco would slowly get better and they would probably not talk about and just be stubborn two idiots.

To be honest, I didn't really think that scenario any further than that. Maybe they would just continue to be friends until someone cracks or something. I really don't know.

But the thing is. Those two scenarios were the ones I was rooting for. There is always the third options where they actually know how to talk and be functional. Also, Draco survives in that third scenario. The fourth one is the mixture of them all, Harry finding out and yelling Draco about it and Draco surviving. The fifth is Harry finding out, not liking the outcome, not talking to Draco and Draco dies. But I wasn't rooting for those scenarios or any other scenarios that could have happened.

There is only one other thing I want to mention about this fic. I liked the way Ron talked about his and Harry's relationship. Like since the school, he felt like he was the second option and how Harry would have loved to talk to Draco rather than Ron. Like Draco was always the first option, even when he wasn't really an option. And all that without Harry even noticing how he put Draco first.

I would love to read fics that actually concentrated on that point and made it seem an even better idea. I would really love that. But in the meantime, I am going to love this fic and enjoy it and all those little details. Thanks.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti