keskiviikko 11. joulukuuta 2013

Untamed [The Mortal Instruments, Clary/Jace, NC-17]

Untamed by Niknakz93
:AU: For Clary, the sheltered life of being a Morgenstern is the most agonizing thing in the world. The strict rules, the lack of freedom... it's not a question of if she will go mad, it's when. Luckily for her, she discovers a welcomed escape named Jace. But how do you handle a boy that's as deadly and dangerous as the beasts he trains.
The Mortal Instruments... I was expecting the whole fic scene to be kinda big with different, unique plots but what I got was stupid stories without any reasoning. Its just that there are so many oportunities and how it all could be next Harry Potter ficworld. But no. I read two chapters of one fic before this one and the character had a change to pretty much go back in time and undo everything and not mess up her life. But no. She didnt. She even wanted but didnt do it and in the end there was no fucking reason why she didnt just do it. You can pretty much guess that kinda did it for me. Okey. I get that the plot was suppose to have that one little twist but still it would be awesome to have at least some reasoning in the characters choices especially when the shit is written from their perspective.

But I didnt give up after that. No. I wanted to find at least ONE good Mortal Instruments fic that I at least could read from the beging to the end. And then I found this. Okey. Im still not gonna say that this fic is one of the best fics I have ever read or that I really loved this one. But at least this one got potential to be something more than others I tried to read.

So Untamed. This isnt really perfect fic, more like lets make everyone jealous of everyone. And so there is Jace who has a crush on Clary and vice versa. Then there is Jonathan who is such a slut (well, Jace is a slut too but yea) and he falls in love with Alex. We cant forget the run, where they ride demonic horses on a lake and that brings a lot of glory and shit like that. So. The whole thing is more like everyone hating each other and then falling in love and shitty people being shitty.

I know that my plot explaining isnt the best but I have no idea how to tell you what happens in this one without giving too much spoilers. But back to the fic and what I liked and disliked. He.

The thing I fell in love, and the reason why I continued to read this, is the idea. Seriously. Demonic horses and riding with them with the chance that one mistake could get you killed. Seriously. This is the reason why there are good fanfiction. People getting inspired from something good and then making it sound, look, feel even better. Yea.

But to my sorrow, really, that is pretty much all it goes with the good stuff. Okey. This isnt like bad, bad (Im still reading, 5 chapters left and Im planning to read this through, so this isnt total shit) but this isnt the best of all either. Okey. Maybe it has something to do with things that arent even possibly. Seriously, how fast you think someone can learn how to ride or even control a horse, without speaking that that creature could kill you? Not that fast. Lets just say that you dont do it in two months. Seriously. Even if you had in your blood or some other shit. Okey. This is fiction where everything is possibly but I still believe there should be some rules in fantasy too. After all they are riding monsters that can kill you just with waving their heads.

The rest? I dont know. I dont wanna diss this fic anymore because the writing isnt that bad, sometimes its even great and I really like it then. I just want more "rules", like physic rules or shit like that to make the fic more believable. So without some beauty details you should totally try this one and if you have just seen the movie and not read the books or have no idea about lots of things... Well. Its gonna be fun. Ha.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti