tiistai 21. marraskuuta 2017

Ulysses [James Bond, 00Q]

Ulysses by girlbookwrm
“Paperwork for the new head of Q-Branch,” Tanner said.

“Of course.” The words were like glass in his throat. Smoke inhalation was a bitch. His brain felt slow and foggy, like it was full of smoke too. “Who shall I take them to?”

M lifted one white brow. “They’re for you, Quartermaster.”


Bond and Q are drawn together by names, work, and a certain Aston Martin. In which Q is kidnapped once, Bond is poisoned twice, and Eve is a badass on at least three occasions. AKA that time I tripped and wrote 80,000 words of 00Q.

All titles unapologetically stolen from Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
I still don't like slow build fics and, for some reason, I'm still reading slow build fics. Even I don't understand myself. Why I want to torture myself so much with stuff like this?

Okay. This is not 100% slow build fic. But mostly. There are parts where they literally dance around each other and then there is a shit ton of pining and being ignorant. Yup. But still is kinda slow build fic. That's all I am gonna say about that topic.

The fic itself is so many things. I started to read this with the idea that this is going to suck. But this wasn't bad. Like not bad at all. This was actually pretty good and there weren't even that many things I didn't like. The only major thing I didn't like was how people still have to include the movies plots there in the middle of the fic and use the lines and everything. The good thing about that was how the writer actually used the movie for their own good and altered something so those things could mean more in the fic itself. That was one of the best parts of the fic.

There were also small details that carried on through the fic. Like the car. Or more like the meaning of that old Aston Martin. Then Alec's and Bond's relationship was also good. It made sense even when it didn't really make that much sense. I just liked it.

What else?

I don't know. There were a lot of things I liked and made this totally worth it even when in the beginning I thought that this is going to suck and be super bad. This was a positive surprise this time around, thank god. So please. Spend a little bit time reading this and make the author feel loved afterwards. Thank you! ♥

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti