perjantai 24. marraskuuta 2017

We Are Young (I'll Carry You Home Tonight) [Harry Potter, Drarry, Nc-17]

We Are Young (I'll Carry You Home Tonight) by Femme (femmequixotic)
Harry and Draco have been falling into bed on and off again since the last election five years ago, much to the amusement--and financial gain--of their circle of friends. But when Harry agrees to work with Draco to put Kingsley Shacklebolt into the Minister's office, they can't work side-by-side again every day and sleep together; that would be courting disaster. Wouldn't it?
How can someone write so awesome political conversations as this has? Like seriously. Pure gold all that. I kinda didn't keep that much track of the politics while reading but how they spoke about them and how they had opinions and they fought about their opinions. Then the reasons behind everything and the different sides of things and wow. Just wow.

Okey. I am gonna admit that I didn't like the storytelling type. The whole written from someone's point of view thing. I have read so many bad fics with those that just seeing it makes me dislike the fic a lot. But I am super happy I read this even with my prejudices. I didn't change my opinion about the point of view but I liked this despite all that. (I also missed like a whole night sleep because of this, but so worth it).

The plot itself is pretty simple. These two idiots are in love and just fucking each other. The fic (that is oneshot, I almost didn't put the oneshot tag here because of almost 70 000 words) comes from four parts depending on where these two are in their relationship. It gets better and then it gets worse and then better and it's a roller coaster (like it says in the author's notes). But it was good rollercoaster where was a point and you liked it without crying.

I also liked Blaise a shit tonne of a lot. His swearing was maybe a little bit too much but it went to so much over that it was pretty amazing. His whole character was way over the top and that was everything I loved about him in here. I also liked the whole Hermione and Blaise thing. Somehow those two just kinda felt good there (also Ron and Pansy and all other pairings there were). Which is kinda weird but I like how this fic tried to reach perfectness on so many levels and succeed in that.

And maybe I had something else to say about this but I really can't remember right now. So hopefully this will even make you open this and consider reading. Totally worth it!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti