torstai 16. tammikuuta 2014

Are You There, God of Mischief? It's Me, Tony [The Avengers, Loki/Tony Stark, NC-17]

Are You There, God of Mischief? It's Me, Tony by fullofleaves
If mind-controlled Barton doesn't come to spring Loki from the helicarrier, somebody else might have to. That somebody might be Tony Stark, who might not agree with S.H.I.E.L.D.'s interrogation methods and treatment of prisoners.

Luckily, with Thor's help, Supervillain Rescue Mission is a go. Too bad it starts spinning wildly out of control within minutes.
First of all, I do not read crack. It is just big no, no for me. Mostly because most crack fics just suck, literally. There is nothing funny anymore when everything is trying to be funny. They are always this boring chit-chat crack where the writer thinks they are being funny. And now no offense for you guys who write crack, I dont know if you belong to that category because I haven't read your fics, so you can just pretend Im insulting someone else, okey?

So. For me opening a fic where the author's note in the beging says something like "this was suppose to be crack, but then it was drama and we will see where it goes from there" (and no, those arent the excat words the writer wrote, but something along that), is pretty rare. And probably I should at to this that it is even rarer (if that really is a word) to me like this one. Well. You kinda have to love with all Tony's snarky come backs and comments and how the dialogue is just good.

The plot on the other hand.. It is all how Stark and Thor rescue Loki from the S.H.I.E.L.D. and how they go in hiding but at the same time they try to get Loki reveal the info about his plans to attack the Earth. But then almost nothing goes the way they want it to go and there are these little details about magic and how it all pretty much sums things up. So. yeaaa.

Okey. I dont know if I just get too used to the writing style full of sarcasm (which was why I loved so much the first chapters) or if the writer lost their inspiration to make it so perfect anymore. After like ten first chapters I just didnt like this so much as in the beging. Okey, I red the whole thing through, so it didn't go total shit. The quality just dropped a bit or I grow numb to it.

But still I really, really like Tony Stark in this one. He is just so... human and still genius bastard who just says whatever come to his mind. And probably most I like how he wants to understand everything and make everything right, even if he makes it all happen on his own way. You cant predict what he is going to do next but you can guess and wait. Yea.

Loki on the other hand... I like Loki, I just dont know what to think about him in this one. There are just so many little things about Loki in this one that my opinion just changes all the time. And then there is Thor. Thor is partly out of character but I kinda think his ooc is just the writers interprenatition of him with how Thor needs some kinda ground for all the things he is doing/done whatever.

This time I dont wanna think about the things I dont like. Because I wanna like this fic and not think too deeply to things that I dont like and just concentrate to things I like, like example how the writer has really spent time to think part of Loki's behavior and how his past has make him like the way he is. And I really liked those things. So I dont wanna destroy all the nice, perfect, through thinked things in my head because there are some little (or not so little) things I dont like. So. yea. You may not like this or you may like this. I cant say when Im not even sure if I like this and how much I like this.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti