maanantai 20. helmikuuta 2017

You Don't Have To (Say Yes) [Star Trek, Spock/Kirk, Nc-17]

You Don't Have To (Say Yes) by luminousbeings
Russian translate: Ты не обязан (...говорить да) by Di Grange and Daria_T
The abridged sexual history of James Tiberius Kirk.

Or, Jim’s varyingly unhealthy idea of what sex is supposed to be (a it-gets-worse-before-it-gets-better story)
192 000 words. Well. At least about. But still. A shit ton of lot. 

I had my doubts first. Like. Am I gonna like this, have I the patience to finnish this monster, is this gonna be worth it? But seriously. I read about 70% of this in one day (more like in 5 hours but whatever) and the rest took me about a week to finnish. There is something seriously wrong with that sentence, but what can you do.

But seriously.

Consent is something huge and sometimes really hard to determine. Is it yes if you dont say no and how can you say for sure that that person is saying yes for the right reason. This whole fic like made that whole consent issues a way more important and... I become more aware of it, kinda. Not like I have not tought about before but I never tought it would be that complex. Yea.

The other things I want to mention is how Kirk has traumas, like a lot of them, and those traumas affect everything in his life. There is no part in this fic where those traumas doesn't have a say on his actions. He doesn't know when Spock is saying yes and when he is making Spock to say yes. He didn't actually know if he wanted to Kodos to fuck him or not. He just is big sag of issues. Seriously.

And I liked that because it affected things, he worked stuff out but there was no magical button that he pushed and then everything just vanished. The progress was slow but it was there, in somewhere.

I also liked Bones. And Spock and everyone else in there. Maybe not so much of Winona Kirk but othervice I liked almost everyone (minus the bad guys, ofc).

Still. The best I liked were the small things. How Kirk had this thing he did everytime someone dared him to do something, like that just repeated trough the fic. How there was small mention about things, like Kirk working in sircus and how he can't talk about it because lawsuit and how that got mentioned a couple chapters later. And there were more of those things. They just made the chapters to blend to each other and made the story to have a history that was with the story the whole ride. Seriously. Just the best part.

I also want to say that this was totally worth it. The whole thing was worth the reading, it was way better than I expected and I read it faster than I tought would be possibly. Yup. There are probably a lot of other good stuff I should mention and praise but I can't remember them right now. So please, just sacrifice couple days for this, its going to be worth it. And then make the author feel loved. Read, Comment and Leave Kudos. Thank you. ♥

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti